Our Academic English Programme is for anyone who is planning to study at University level or career level that involves the production of high quality report/proposal writing, research, field assignments, journalism etc., in an English speaking environment.
Learning outcomes :
- Write academic essays
- Analyze and articulate complex issues encompassing written texts in terms of content and structure
- Evaluate and assess the value of given materials
- Confidently deliver short presentations in English
- English Grammar & Conversational Skills
- Effective Reading (skimming and scanning)
- Study Skills (note taking, summarizing, proof reading)
- Academic writing (Essay Writing, Dissertations)
- Research skills and referencing
- Writing in the humanities, sciences and social sciences
- Scholarly reading, oral presentations,and effective listening
- Exam handling techniques
You’ll get more out of this course if
- Your level is between Upper-Intermediate and Advanced.
- You want to enter university or embark on a high –level postgraduate degree.
- You want to give yourself a clear advantage in the academic environment or workplace and expand your career opportunities.
What can you expect on this course?
When joining the Academic English at ESOFT you will:
- Sit a placement test to determine your current level of English
- Join a class with others of the same level
- Meet your teachers, mentor and academic year co-ordinator
- Receive your language portfolio, tailored to your own personal needs, goals and motivation for learning
- Embark on a first-class English language course, to develop fluency, accuracy and appropriate uses of English across all four language skills
- Be provided with excellent guidance, monitoring and feedback throughout your course
- Receive continual assessment through class tutorials, homework and regular progress and level tests
- Have confidence that your learning is on track and you are fulfilling your English language potential
Leave ESOFT with a qualification
You will also have the opportunity to prepare for and sit an internationally-recognised Exam, such as IELTS, TOEFL, or one of the Cambridge ESOL exams. At the end of their course, students receive a certificate awarded by ESOFT & Pearson UK. The grade you are awarded will depend upon the quality of the work you have produced throughout your course.
Training mode :
- The participants are motivated to participate in all class activities as an individual and a group.
- All language input sessions adopts a multi-media approach, including audio, video, and interactive teaching approaches such as role plays, group discussions, debates, simulations presentations and practical tasks.
- Individual feedback, and friendly small groups
Assessment Method :
- Practical assignment
ESOFT and Pearson
48 hours (Upper-intermediate & Advanced )
Morning and Evening – weekdays / weekends.
Classes could be arranged upon the request of the group of students at any convenient time.
Course Fee :
Rs.8,000, Rs. 5,500 x 3
Attractive Group Discounts for University students/ corporate individuals
Tutorials and support
You will receive three levels of support to ensure your time at ESOFT is as successful and rewarding as possible. (Level of support varies from branch to branch)
- One-to-one meetings with your tutor who will provide the academic support and advice you, need to succeed. Your tutor will help to guide your learning by setting achievable long and short-term goals, and monitoring your progress throughout your course.
- Class tutorials, an additional, personalized layer to your classroom learning. Our teachers pride themselves on being helpful and approachable at all times, but these meetings provide you with a regular opportunity to discuss lesson items, review your private study, and receive specific advice from your class teacher. You will be set extra work to encourage you to address your weak areas, and a reading programme will be set and monitored.
- Your tutor is dedicated to serving your academic needs, and to ensuring you are reaching your learning objectives and developing to your full potential.
As well as all the tuition, personal guidance and support our Academic Year students receive, ESOFT also provides:
- General and nationality-specific pronunciation clinics
- P&M – Structured guidance to help with participation and motivation
- Café Chat – a relaxed forum for students to practise their spoken English in a social context
- Library stocked with books and other resources, for private study time, personal research and reflection
- Full calendar of social and leisure activities
Personal Language Portfolio
At the beginning of your programme, you will receive this unique study pack. With the guidance of your teachers, your Language Portfolio will help you to maximize your language development by:
- assessing your personal learning style and offering strategies to build on your strengths
- evaluating your progress in tests and assignments
- recording your needs and wants as a learner, alongside the skills, experiences and achievements you have gained whilst on the programme
- Minimum “B” pass for English Language for A/L’s or English Literature
- Diploma in English certificate by ESOFT with a score above 80
- Minimum IELTS of 5.5 overall and not more than 2 sub scores at a minimum of 5.
- Any other English qualification accepted by the English Faculty at ESOFT
- Strictly by Placement Test (one hour)
Please apply as early as possible to secure your place on the course.